There are 39 common spiders found in Jacksonville, North Carolina and more then 3,700 species of spiders in the North America. Spiders play an important role in nature, keeping other insect populations in check. In fact, a exterior spider infestations around your home is a indication of a larger insect population infesting the area.
Spider Feeding Habits
Most spiders are predators, using poison venom to paralyze and eventually kill thier prey. Active hunters may have a cracks & crevices they return to on a ragular basis, but these spiders are extremely mobile as they search for prey. Passive hunters, on the other hand, sit and wait for the prey to come to them – these are the large web spiders.
Active Hunters: Wolf spiders, Ground spiders, Jumping spiders
Passive Hunters: Common house Spider, Crab spider, Recluse spider, Black widow Spider, Orb weaver, Cobweb weavers, Cellar spider.
D & D Pest Control Co – Spider Treatment Strategy:
We will Pre-treatment and remove all visible spider webbing around the exterior of your home. During this removal, webbing material, eggs, and youg spiders are also removed. By removing webs on the exterior, future activity can be easily identified and control measure can be applied to these area.
Our intergrated pest management treatment is a long term spider control strategy that targets the pillars of life: Food, shelter and water. Targeting a spiders food source around the exterior of your home helps in the rapid reduction of spider population. Web removal and crack and crevice treatments attack the spiders shelter source.
Customer Tips & Help: reduce conducive conditions
- Reduce clutter in basements, garages and attics.
- Install tight-fitting window screens and door sweeps to prevent insect intrusion.
- Change exterior lights to LED or sodium vapor light bulbs to prevent phototaxis of insects.
- Cut back vegetation to weedeat tall grass around the exterior foundation.
- Store firewood and building material and debris away from exterior foundation.
Common spider hidding places:
Interior of home or business
- Corners or walls and floors
- Behind and under furniture
- Ceiling corners
- Around windows & doors
- Behind toilets
- Interior garages, crawlspaces and attics
Exterior of home or business
- Around gutters
- Under decks
- Corners of chimneys
- At door entry ways near lights
- At windows and behind shutters
- In and around debris like firewood
- Within thick grass cover next to foundation
- Sheds and child play sets
- Around construction debris
Tags: Black widow, Brown recluse, Wolf Spider, Hobo Spider, Yellow Garden Spider, Grass Spider, Longlegged Spider, Common house Spider, Funnel weaver Spider.